Saturday, October 17, 2015

Tired of Being Scared

I am tired of being too scared to do the things I want to do. In this case the thing is posting videos to my YouTube channel. This is something that I have wanted to do for several years now, but I have never gotten up the courage to actually do it. Not regularly at least. Ever since my friend introduced me to vloggers on YouTube I have loved the idea and have tried to come up with what I could make video of. Should I do a video blog just talking about stuff? Should I do art videos? Maybe my friends and I can start a channel together? I can post song covers!

They were good ideas, and they worked! The only thing I lacked was the motivation to keep doing it (and things to film in some cases but that’s not the point). This is something I always think about. I would love to make videos regularly, but I am too scared. Scared of what? I don’t know. Maybe I’m too scared to record videos when everyone in the house can hear me talking/singing to myself. Or maybe I am too afraid to put the videos out there for everyone I know to see and judge. I don’t know. But I do know that if I would just do it that it wouldn’t be scary anymore, or at least less so.  

So here’s the plan. I am going to try to start posting videos more often. I am also going to try to make a blog post for every video and I want to do this every 2 weeks. But I need some help. It would be awesome if people could keep me accountable to this. I know it’s hard to remember what day of the week it is let alone remember that every 14 of them Mikaela’s supposed to post a video/blog, but if you think about it just say “Hey, when’s your next video gonna be?” and I mostly post videos of me covering songs so if you have a suggestion for a song you would like me to do, suggest it! If I don’t know it, I can probably learn it. All you have to do it ask. :) 


Thank you, and here is my latest video. Freshly uploaded for your viewing pleasure (hopefully). It is a kinda decent cover of a song by my favorite band (who have an album coming out next week #PreorderSoundsGoodFeelsGood Oct 23!). This is Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer.   








No comments:

Post a Comment