Sunday, February 23, 2014

Maybe You Should Follow Your Dreams...

I'm not feeling inspired to write today. That's the weird thing about my creativity. I'm only creative half of the time, if I'm lucky. But when I am creative, I can be really creative. CAN is the key word there. Sometimes I'm creative but not creative enough. Like in writing posts, I can think of several topics, but no words to write about that topic. I can put chords together to form music, but I can't think of any words to sing with it. I can think of a story line but no dialogue to go along with it.  And if I can do those things, half the time I'm basically stealing someone elses idea.

I guess that they say there isn't anything new under the sun and that you have to re-create it in a way that is new and interesting, but I find it hard to do that sometimes and I wish I could just have my own idea. Other people seem to do it. Why can't I? Maybe I am, but I can't see it. Maybe it's because I'm to scared to share my work with the world. I guess that nobody ever really thinks that their work is particularly great. Unless, of course, fame has gone to their head. But in most of those cases, that persons work really isn't that great after all.

I guess it's kind of like Marty McFly from 'Back to the Future' and his music. "What if I send in the tape in (to a record label) and they don't like it? What if they say I'm no good? What if they say, "Get out of here kid. You've got no future"? I mean, I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection." Yeah, but what if somebody likes it? What if Noah has given up the first time people made fun of him when he spoke of a flood? The whole of everything would be different.

What if Thomas Edison had given up when people laughed at the idea of his inventions? No light, recorded music, no movies! ETC.

What if musical groups gave up when they were first rejected? like what if Liam Payne decided that since Simon Cowell Rejected him once that he would do it again? He wouldn't have come back to the XFactor 2 years later, and their wouldn't be a One Direction. (Please forgive my obsession with the band One Direction)

I guess you've got to try. The worst they can say is "No. It's no good." right? If you don't try you might be left wondering for the rest of your life. "What would have happened if...(insert the pursuit of your dream here)." But of course, there are times when you shouldn't try. Sometimes you want to pursue something but you know (or GOD knows) that it isn't the right thing for you. That you are to go down a different path. I guess that is different for everybody, and everybody has to ask GOD about it themselves. But as for me, I believe that I should be using my talents for the LORD, so if you need me, I will be building up the courage to continue to do that.

WOW, this entire post is a cliche...I'm sorry. You get what I'm inspired to type. HEY! I guess I was inspired after all!! :) :) :) PTL!! :) :)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete