Friday, November 7, 2014

My Psalm 23

This week I was given an assignment to "write my own version of Psalm 23 and contemporize it to my own situation." Once my mom explained to me what that meant, it didn't take me long to decide how I wanted to write it. Instead of 'shepard', I wanted to say 'teacher' because that is what he has been doing for the past three years or so. Teaching me how to be a better leader/musician and slowly demolishing my fears of doing so. It's not perfect, but what is aside from God? So..here is my version of Psalm 23.

My Psalms 23

The LORD is my teacher, I know all I need.
You teach me in the comforts of home,
You teach me with calm words.
As you are always,
You are patient with me,
Guiding me even when I am far behind you.
Even through the hard lessons,
I am not frustrated.
Your wisdom and corrections ease my mind.
Even when my fear overtakes me, your blessings are abundant.
It is more than I could ever ask for.
May I not turn away from your blessings and mercy as long as I live,

And may I dwell in your presence forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment