Sunday, October 12, 2014

There's Shakespeare's Sonnet and Then There's Mine...

According to my literature book, sonnets were love songs before love songs were love songs (If that makes sense). And Shakespeare's sonnets were especially more in the "love song" genre of sonnets. For example the ever famous sonnet 18. You know, "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate;". Sonnets are also often made up of 14 lines that rhyme in an alternate pattern, or Iambic Pentameter. (that's what the one website about how to write a sonnet I looked at said anyway). SO given that I have written the other types of poems and stories that my literature book talked about, I decided to write one of these too...And it had to be in the "love song" genre so, prepare for it to be cheesy...sorry..

Endeavor

A year we’ve had after first sight
And quite a year it was
We both felt as if in flight
To slow down we had not a cause
With you I went and with me you came
They hardly saw us apart
To me you would your love proclaim
And I can repeat your songs by heart
This feeling I wish to have forever
And to never leave your side
Of course that will take an endeavor
But if you’re in I’m willing to try
So as the aisle down I walk into your arms forever,
Let this begin new life and begin our new endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment